Sunday, July 09, 2006

Offensive humour

Offensive humour?

This will probably offend those eds, subeds, journalists over at ST , but hell pc was never my forte . The video's at www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQxU3K-w0bU


for the whole mr brown controversy, see jean's posts (6/7 and 7/7)

hmm, they'll probably condemn these bloggers on account of intellectual property protection huh?! Guess any means as long as these partisan elements are silenced - after all, average S'poreans still need the authorities to teach the difference between what's serious politics and creative humour, cough cough, or was that partisan too?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Thanks for pointing out the video..

Reminds of me of an old pedagoguish "nanny" I used to have. Life under her supervision was "fine." Through her rose coloured lenses, I thought the World was flawless and perfect - no one can do any wrong.

Yet when I stepped outside of her sphere of influence, I discovered that I had been the frog at the bottom of the well, thinking that that circle of blue was all the World.

Sure she created a World that was beautiful and kind to me. But by hiding the ugliness of the World, was she simply thinking of the best for me?

I'm not sure if she was all that altruistic afterall. Likewise I don't think surrounding me in an air-tight bubble was truly beneficial when one considers the eventual costs and disadvantages of outgrowing that bubble.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home